Friday, June 24, 2011

How To Raise An Entrepreneur




Before my husband suffered a massive stroke in 2008, he was self-employed.  He started a design business and supplied companies with promotional materials.  My older son had the opportunity to tag along with Dad to meet with clients, vendors, and sometimes business meetings.  In 2007, my husband landed a contract stocking magazine shelves in area hotels.  Because my husband was unable to find an assistant who could understand the complicated digital machine that was used for inventory, he decided to employ our then 7-year-old computer whiz.  My husband would often come home amazed that King Man was able to do the job more efficiently than grown men.  For his hard work, King Man earned $35 for the day.  There wasn't a field trip or a play date I could plan that would keep him from going to work with Daddy.  I was so tickled by the fact that Mr. sleep until 10:00 a.m. would jump out of bed at 4:00 a.m., prepare his tea and bagel, and be out of the door with Daddy by 4:30 a.m.  Well, after reading the Wall Street Journal article How To Raise An Entrepreneur:  Tips On Putting Your Kids On the Path to Running Their Own Businesses, I realize it's time for King Man to follow in Dad's footsteps.  Travel soccer costs a fortune, he now wears men's shoes, and PlayStation 3 seems to come out with a new game every day! It's time he put all of that experience to work in creating his own business.  If you have not read the article, click on the link here: How To Raise An Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment