Wednesday, September 7, 2011

 Chincoteague Island Virginia

What every mother raising African-American males needs--a full source resource guide.  As he grows into a young man I want to better understand not only the world that he will be a part of but also the challenges he may face.  I'm grateful for the community of men that we are blessed to have in our lives.  I am especially grateful for African American men who have made the well-being of African American males their #1 priority.  I am proud to say that I know personally the work of David Miller, Executive Director of the Raising Him Alone Campaign, who lists 30 books for Raising a Black Male Child and L. Darnell Shields, Executive Director of  the Urban Leadership Institute, in Baltimore, Md.  I am also grateful for the mamas who share information, such as the Resource Guide for Raising African American Males.  We need our villages more than ever.  On September 29, 2011 from 8:30-9:30 p.m. David Miller will be hosting an online Book Talk for Parents of African American Males.  The featured speaker is Dr. Raymond Winbush, author of the Warrior Method: A Program for Raising Healthy Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment